Some mountain biking enthusiasts prefer a hardtail mountain bike but others like a suspension ride. When shopping for the best women’s hardtail bike, you should remember that a hardtail has a simple design that is often appreciated by newbies. Ultimately, you must decide which bike works best for your specific needs. A suspension bike boasts a suspension fork in the front with a rear shock. The hardtail bike only has suspension in the front and none in the back. Typically, a hardtail bike is an affordable, lightweight, and low maintenance.
The Diamondback Bicycles Lux Sport Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bike is everything that you would expect from the iconic Diamondback company. It is a top-of-the-line ride that is going to meet and exceed the expectations of most riders. As an avid and experienced rider, I feel that this Diamondback hardtail offers everything any rider needs to hit the trail hard.
- 1 Top Pick: Diamondback Bicycles Lux Sport Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bike
- 2 Runner-Up: Diamondback Overdrive 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike
- 3 A Great Mountain Bike Choice: BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Hardtail MTB
- 4 An Additional Bike Choice: Women39’s Kent KZR Mountain Bike
- 5 Also for Consideration: Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle Womens Road/Mountain 21 Speed Bike 26″
- 6 Which Bike is Right for You: A Hardtail or Full Suspension
- 7 Wrap Up
Top Pick: Diamondback Bicycles Lux Sport Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bike
The Diamondback Bicycles Lux Sport Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bike is constructed from a 6061-T6 aluminum frame. It is durable and lightweight, which is exactly what you would expect from a hardtail. Lady riders are going to love the low-slung top tube that provides even extra standover clearance. The added room is a benefit for getting on and off the hardtail mountain bike.
Any time you consider the best women’s hardtail mountain bike, you will want to pick a manufacturer who truly knows the needs of a woman’s physique. The Diamondback Bicycles Lux Sport Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bike features the Devine Edition saddle. The Devine saddle fits a woman’s unique curves to create a comfortable ride, so you don’t suffer saddle soreness. Another feature of the bike is the grips that are contoured for a woman.
The Diamondback Bicycles Lux Sport Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bike’s SR Suntour fork and 27.5 inch wheels create a smooth ride. The bike will easily traverse even the toughest singletrack. The SR Suntour XCR-LO coil 100mm travel fork readily absorbs the bumps of the trail. The bike’s Shimano 3×9 speed drivetrain with SR Suntour XCR cranks sail across a rough surface with ease. The wide gear range lets you choose exactly what you need to tackle either uphill or extreme downhill conditions. You also don’t have to worry about stopping power with the bike’s Shimano hydraulic disc brakes that have 180mm front and 160mm rear rotors.
Runner-Up: Diamondback Overdrive 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike
The Diamondback Overdrive 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike is a classic hardtail design that provides you with everything you need in a superior mountain bike. The bike has a strong and durable lightweight aluminum frame which is the same frame found on Diamondback’s higher-end aluminum 29er trail bikes.
With the SR Suntour XCT cranks that have been paired with a Shimano TX50 front derailleur you’ll enjoy reliable and smooth shifting. The 80mm travel fork works with the 29” wheels rolls smoothly across the singletrack for an ideal ride. With the Shimano Acera 8-speed rear derailleur, you will be able to climb and descend. Undoubtedly, the Diamondback Overdrive 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike is a superior choice for any mountain biking enthusiast.
The Diamondback Overdrive 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike is considered one of Diamondback’s ‘Ready-Ride’ bikes. The bike is shipped 95 percent preassembled so you can quickly hit the trail without delay.
A Great Mountain Bike Choice: BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Hardtail MTB
Without a doubt, a superior bike choice is the BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Hardtail MTB. This hardtail bike was designed for serious athletes and biking enthusiasts. The bike boasts a SHIMANO M355 hydraulic disc braking system that lets you stop quickly even on an extreme surface.
The frame of the BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Hardtail MTB boasts impressive Toray T800 carbon fiber. It features a tensile strength of 500kgf/mm2, 4900MPa. Even the bike’s handlebar and seat post feature the same top-of-the-line carbon fiber construction as the rest of the bike. T800 and T1000 carbon fiber that overlaps to create the bike’s bottom bracket. The design and two forms of carbon fiber to increases the strength and the rigidity of the frame. The hardtail bike’s entire construction focuses on strength and safety so you can hit the trails hard. On the bike’s rear is the triangle which was formed from Mitsubishi high carbon fiber.
The BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike Hardtail MTB is remarkably lightweight which lets you maneuver the bike with ease. It weighs only 24 pounds so you can load and unload it on a bike rack with ease. Also, if you should encounter a part of the trail that is impassable then you will have no problem carrying the bike around any obstacle.
An Additional Bike Choice: Women39’s Kent KZR Mountain Bike
The 2634; Women39’s Kent KZR Mountain Bike is a no-frills hardtail that was constructed for the serious mountain bike enthusiast. The bike features a nice custom oversized aluminum frame with a Vitesse telescoping suspension fork. The fork’s design lets you take on any bumpy surface with ease. The Shimano 21 speeds let you sail up and downhill by picking the gear you need to make the ride a breeze.
The front cable-actuated disc brake and the rear linear-pull handbrake on the 2634; Women39’s Kent KZR Mountain Bike provides acceptable stopping power. The high-profile Vitesse wheelset lets you stay straight on the trail. The knobby tires also hug even the roughest road surface to provide a steady ride without unwanted slipping.
The seat on the 2634; Women39’s Kent KZR Mountain Bike boasts ample padding to create a comfortable ride. You can also quickly and effortlessly with the no-tool lever that lets you adjust the height of the seat to create your own custom adjustments.
Also for Consideration: Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle Womens Road/Mountain 21 Speed Bike 26″
The Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle Womens Road/Mountain 21 Speed Bike 26″ is a basic hardtail that is designed for easy riding across singletrack. It features a 21-speed index derailleur with Shimano grip shifters so you can choose the gear you need for uphill climbing or downhill decent. The front and rear V-Brakes with resin levers offer capable stopping power. The bike’s frame features steel construction for added durability.
One nice feature of the Dynacraft Speed Alpine Eagle Womens Road/Mountain 21 Speed Bike 26″is that it comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and fork which is something many bike companies do not provide. The bike comes with a front shock fork to cushion even the bumpiest road surface. The alloy rims and kickstand are additional nice features. The bike also has a comfortable, padded bike seat that contours to your shape. The smooth handlebar grips also let you control your ride with ease.
Which Bike is Right for You: A Hardtail or Full Suspension
You might have heard the hype about full-suspension mountain bikes, and now you can’t decide what to buy. Should you purchase a hardtail or a full suspension? Well, a full-suspension bike is undoubtedly more expensive than most hardtail biles. However, the hardtail bike has been an accepted mountain bike option for years, and many diehard riders swear by them.
Hardtail Bike Considerations
Here are a few reasons why you might want to purchase a hardtail:
- Budget: The hardtail is usually cheaper than the full suspension. This doesn’t mean that the hardtail is not as durable. It is merely a far simpler design than a full suspension bike. Most hardtails feature very high-end components such as the bike derailleurs, shifters, and brakes.
- Trail Surface: If you ride on smooth to moderately bumpy trails then the hardtail is ideal. Undoubtedly, with a hardtail, you can have a fast, fun ride. The front suspension fork is all you need across such trail surfaces.
- Low Maintenance: The hardtail bike has far fewer moving parts and is a simple design. The bike only requires low maintenance to keep going strong.
- Weight: Undoubtedly, hardtail bikes are far lighter than massive full-suspension rides. This makes loading and unloading onto a bike rack easier. You can also maneuver the bike around obstacles or even carry the bike when necessary with ease.
- Maneuverable: Many riding enthusiasts like the stiff, lightweight hardtail for the bike’s maneuverability.
- Speed: A hardtail is faster than a full suspension bike so you can sail down the trail at high rates.
- Appearance: The hardtail is a simple appearing bike that appeals to many biking enthusiasts. It’s sleek lines and easy to understand operation all create a smooth and basic bike design.
- Feel: First of all, every rider is different so what feels right for one individual might not suit another. Some individuals just like the tight feel of the hardtail. The bike lets you feel more in control of every movement which means you can quickly move safely around trail obstacles.
As a mountain biking enthusiast, I can tell you that a hardtail is a simple ride that performs well on backcountry trails. The hardtail bike might not have all of the bells and whistles as a full suspension bike. However, the hardtail remains a capable mountain bike choice for anyone looking to ride singletrack. All of the above bikes are nice hardtails. Each one has its distinctive features so you will only need to weigh out what you components you find essential before making a decision.