The top mountain bikes always cost a fortune and everyone wants to have one when they reach an intermediate level. However, it is not always possible to afford these bikes, but we have done some diligent research to find these bikes. The best mountain bike under 1500 is slightly expensive but offers a ton of value for the right rider. The Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive is one of the best when it comes to quality and constant value.
Any terrain is in your grasp with a top mountain bike. Most people prefer buying bikes as they offer versatility and value. I have been testing mountain bikes of all price ranges to ensure they offer the best value, but only a few top brands have always remained on top. Hours of research have led me to find these options.
In this article, we not only look at the top mountain bikes but also some of the features that actually make them special. After reading this article, you should have a much better understanding of these bikes and how to go about choosing the right one for your skill level and your budget. It is worth noting that we have tested most of them, but some of them are quite hard to find.
|Best Mountain Bike Under 1500||Key Features||Our Rating|
|Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive||The best complete bike with a great reputation and excellent warranty for your peace of mind||★★★★★|
|Diamondback Bikes Atroz 2 Mountain Bike||If you like going down hills, the full suspension bike is really great to use||★★★★★|
|BEIOU Carbon Fiber 27.5 Mountain Bike||Carbon fiber is the main feature for the frame, keeping the frame durable and lightweight||★★★★★|
|Raleigh Bikes Tekoa Comp Mountain Bike||This bike is one of the very best when it comes to power. No more suffering up those hills||★★★★★|
|Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Rely Hardtail Mountain Bike||With an ergonomic design for female riders, this bike is really comfortable and easy to use||★★★★★|
|Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Carbon Comp 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike||An expensive bike also made from carbon fiber with some of the top elite features, but a little expensive||★★★★★|
Best Mountain Bike Under 1500 On The Market Today
While the features are quite fun for most people to look at and they do offer you the opportunity to see where you can actually make the upgrades, the bikes are far more interesting. If you are in the market for a new and possibly high-end quality mountain bike, these bikes would be some of the best options that you can consider:
Top Pick: Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive
Diamondback is one of the leading brands and it should be no surprise to see them make the top of this list as well. The Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive is heavily popular and it has been constructed from a lightweight aluminum frame. Since it is available in numerous sizes, it can be used for all riders up to 6.4-feet if you are that tall.
- Durable: The bike can hold up to 275-pounds, but this will take the bike to the limits. However, every rider can use it to lose weight
- Hardtail: The hardtail design is made to ensure that the bike can be used in for climbing and to simplify this process
- Braking: The disc brake design is perfect for this bike and it gives you ample stopping power in virtually all weather conditions
- Price: While you might expect the bike to be overly expensive, it is actually one of the more affordable models on the market today
- Seating: Since the seating is not ergonomic, the bike might not be the most comfortable. However, the seat can be replaced or upgraded
Best Full Suspension Bike: Diamondback Bikes Atroz 2 Full Suspension Mountain Bike
The full-suspension bike is not the most common bike used by most elite riders. It features a unique design that allows you to ride downhill without all the bumps. With an aluminum frame, the Diamondback Bikes Atroz 2 Full Suspension Mountain Bike remains rather durable but still allows you to keep the weight on the downside. You should also notice that this is one of the newer models.
- Drivetrain: The bike might not have the most advanced drivetrain, but it is still more than enough at 1 x 9, to give you a decent level of versatility
- Disc brakes: Hydraulic disc brakes are some of the best on the market today and this does give the bike a great level of stopping power
- Warranty: This bike comes with a 5-year limited warranty, but you still need to have an expert assemble it
- Size Limit: The bike is not really recommended for people taller than 6.2-feet. You might need to look at the best mountain bike for large riders
Best Lightweight Bike: BEIOU Carbon Fiber 27.5 Mountain Bike
If you are looking for the cheapest bikes on the market today, you should consider the carbon fiber bike. The BEIOU Carbon Fiber 27.5 Mountain Bike is large and lightweight, with excellent durability all around. The hardtail design is great for added pedaling power and every user should be able to get an improved performance when they are riding.
- Frame: Carbon fiber is one of the lightest materials on the market today. Compared to aluminum, it is a little more expensive
- Drivetrain: The 3 x 10-speed Shimano drivetrain is highly rated and offers excellent functionality for the rider
- Stylish: Compared to most of the other bikes, this is definitely one of the most stylish. Hidden in the wheels, you also have the quality disc brakes
- Price: Unfortunately, this is one of the most expensive bikes on the list, but definitely worth the price
Best Hardtail Mountain Bike: Raleigh Bikes Tekoa Comp Mountain Bike
By now, you should have an excellent idea of the hardtail mountain bike and what makes it so special. The Raleigh Bikes Tekoa Comp Mountain Bike is one of my favorites and it is designed by a highly respected brand. A lightweight aluminum frame gives you great value for your money while keeping the weight to a minimum.
- Brakes: The bike also features state of the art disc brakes and this should give you some of the best stopping power
- Drivetrain: The 1 x 11 drivetrain is really functional and gives you ample functionality when it comes to choosing gears
- Size: At over 29-inches, these wheels are rather large and makes it possible for even the larger riders to use
- Assembly: You will need to have an expert assist you with the assembly and this might be a little expensive
Best Women’s Bike: Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Rely Hardtail Mountain Bike
As a female rider, you might like to have a bike that is perfectly designed for your needs. We call this an ergonomic design and the Diamondback Bicycles Women’s Rely Hardtail Mountain Bike offers this for all women. SRAM is one of the best brands for accessories. However, the aluminum frame also adds to the quality design.
- Brakes: SRAM hydraulic disc brakes have been the chosen option when it comes to top braking power
- Ergonomic design: As we have already mentioned, the bike does feature an ergonomic design that makes it more comfortable
- Tires: Massive 2.8-inch tires that could offer more traction and help you in all weather conditions
- Price: This is one of the most expensive bikes we have seen on this list so far, but perfect for all women
Best High-End Bike: Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Carbon Comp 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike
When it comes to choosing the best mountain bike, you might need to look a little past the $1500 mark from time to time. The Diamondback Bicycles Overdrive Carbon Comp 29 Hardtail Mountain Bike is one of the best bikes and it has been constructed from a lightweight carbon fiber frame. It is also available for riders of all different sizes.
- Frame: The is really lightweight and offers you some of the best durability. However, this does crank up the price
- Brakes: Hydraulic disc brakes are some of the most highly rated and this bike does have these brakes included
- Warranty: Once again, the bike comes with a state of the art warranty and should offer you some great value for your money
- Price: This is the most expensive bike on this list, but we believe it is definitely worth the price if you are a serious mountain biker
Key Features To Consider When Choosing The Best Mountain Bike Under 1500
Mountain bikes are available in all shapes and sizes, with numerous features that set them apart from the competition. These features are some of the most important and should ensure that you do get actual value for your money. The top features should help you find the right bike:
The frame type is one of the most important things that you need to consider. A durable frame means the bike will hold up, but you also need to keep the weight down. While carbon fiber is the best, it is really expensive. Alternatively, some of the best mountain bikes are designed with an aircraft aluminum frame.
The brakes are one of the most important aspects of the best mountain bikes. Disc brakes are the best for all-condition stopping power. Specifically, we would recommend the hydraulic disc brakes to make this possible. Alternatively, you can look at the mechanical disc brakes that are cheaper.
Whether you choose a hardtail bike or a full-suspension bike, it is really important to find the right one for your needs. The full-suspension bike is a little more expensive but better for withstanding the shock. I love the best hardtail mountain bikes for the additional power they give you when you need to climb those tough hills.
Which Bike Is The Best?
All of these bikes are really great for the value they offer and they do make life easier for you on an intermediate level. However, Diamondback is definitely the best brand. We would not single out one specific bike, but rather recommend the Diamondback brand as a whole. Now, it is your turn to let us know in the comment section which bikes you like.