BMX bikes are generally seen as stunt bikes for many. Others consider it the best way for children to get into the cycling game. The best BMX bikes for dirt jumping can help you when it comes to stunt jumping as well. Having such a combination means that riders are able to learn and eventually take themselves to the next performing level. If you are looking for an affordable option, try the Powerlite Brawler 20-Inch Freestyle Bicycle to get you started.
While I don’t have the capacity for stunt performing, cycling has been a massive passion. Watching the X-Games has taught me many tips and tricks about these bikes. After doing a ton of research and hours of watching, I managed to see some of these bikes in action. In this article, we look at a few of these bikes and which ones might be the best for you.
6 Best Dirt Bikes For Dirt Jumping
|Powerlite Brawler 20-Inch Freestyle Bicycle|
This bike is really affordable and features all the best features at an affordable price
|X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle|
With one of the best saddles, the bike features an ergonomic design for every pro rider
|Elite 20” BMX Bicycle Destro Model Freestyle Bike|
As a 2018 model, the bike is great for newcomers looking to test out all the latest technology in the mountain biking world
|RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike|
A bike designed for everyone. This bike is available in all sizes with the possibility to add all your own upgrades if needed
|Kent Pro 20 Boy’s Freestyle Bike|
If you are strapped to a budget, you can have some of the top features at a really affordable price
|Mongoose LSX 20″ boy’s Bicycle|
Mongoose is one of the leading brands and all of these features are specially designed to help you grow and improve
- 1 Best BMX Bikes For Stunt Jumping
- 1.1 Top Pick: Powerlite Brawler 20-Inch Freestyle Bicycle
- 1.2 Runner-Up: X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle
- 1.3 Best New Bike: Elite 20” BMX Bicycle Destro Model Freestyle Bike
- 1.4 The Best All-Round Bike: RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike
- 1.5 Best Budget Bike: Kent Pro 20 Boy’s Freestyle Bike
- 1.6 Editor’s Choice: Mongoose LSX 20″ Boy’s Bicycle
- 2 Key Features To Consider When Buying A New BMX Bike For Dirt Jumping
- 3 The Best BMX Bikes For Dirt Jumping
Best BMX Bikes For Stunt Jumping
Before we dive into some of the key features, you are most likely more interested in seeing these bikes. While they have different features that make them stand out, we have selected a wide range to satisfy the needs of anyone. Here are the top BMX bikes for stunt jumping currently available on the market:
Top Pick: Powerlite Brawler 20-Inch Freestyle Bicycle
A freestyle frame is exactly what you need when it comes to a freestyle performance. The Powerlite Brawler 20-Inch Freestyle Bicycle is designed with a lightweight steel frame and solid tubing for these stunts. 48-spoke alloy wheels are integrated for even more durability, helping the bike maintain stability when landing. This is the best freestyle bicycle among the Best BMX Bikes For Dirt Jumping.
- Pegs: 4 pegs have been added at the front and the back of the bike. This makes it perfect for grinding and lifting
- Brakes: The alloy caliber front and rear U-brakes offer optimal stopping power for all situations and stunts
- Handlebar: Having a 2-piece handlebar means the bike has more flexibility and versatility when in the air
- Affordable: We definitely rate this as one of the cheapest options for all these added features that are included
- Assembly: the assembly also takes a little while to complete once have the bike. However, it does have good instructions
Runner-Up: X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle
As the name already suggests, this bike is designed specifically for the stunt game. With a standout saddle that is generally used as part of the X-Games competition, you can perform at an elite level. Once again pegs are integrated for your grinding stunts, but also lifting your friend s when you want to have some fun. If you like this choose the X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle.
- Frame: A tig welded steel frame gives you a lot of durability and would not let your bike or fall apart
- Pegs: Front and rear pegs will ensure the bike can be used for grinding and personal stunts you like to perform
- Design: This bike is not only designed for boys, but for girls as well. All the graphics will help you stand out
- Saddle: An X-Games-specific saddle is integrated for your comfort and to enable the bike to be comfortable as a pro bike
- Assembly: Once again, we had a few snags with the assembly until we eventually figured out the instructions
Best New Bike: Elite 20” BMX Bicycle Destro Model Freestyle Bike
If you are looking for one of the newest models on the market today, the Elite 20” BMX Bicycle Destro Model Freestyle Bike is a great option. With a 20-inch toptube and hi-ten steel frame, the bike offers a lot of control in the air. It also helps to have durable and comfortable wheels that will aid you in landing the bike.
- Durable: This is one of the most durable bikes, but you won’t be sacrificing any of the weight and it remains lightweight
- Stylish: 4 stylish and modern colors have been used for the design of the bike and this will make you stand out
- Crank: The 3-piece crank is generally considered one of the best when you need to have a smooth action
- Tires: As mentioned, the tires are 2.4-inches wide and 20-inches in size, making them perfect for a soft landing
- Pricey: This is one of the newest models on the market and should make an excellent Christmas gift for this price
The Best All-Round Bike: RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike
The RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike might just look like a normal bike, but it is one of the only bikes available in multiple sizes. The hydroformed aluminum frame offers durability while keeping the weight to a minimum. Once again, 2.4-inch wheels with knobs are used for added grip and it will ensure that you never ever slip on any terrain.
- Brakes: The brakes have been specifically designed to ensure you have stopping power in wet conditions
- Frame: Hydroformed aluminum is one of the most durable materials and it also keeps the bike lightweight
- Drivetrain: The drivetrain has been enclosed and it also means the bike will not be subdued by exposure to the elements
- Extras: If you know the thirst will set in, you might love the water bottle cage that can keep your water safe
- Design: Unfortunately, the design is a little stale and this means you might need to upgrade it on your own
Best Budget Bike: Kent Pro 20 Boy’s Freestyle Bike
As always, the modern times have put a lot of strain on all of our budgets. Fortunately, the Kent Pro 20 Boy’s Freestyle Bike is really affordable. The bike features a tig welded steel frame and this means it has excellent durability. The durability will add some stability and the bike has an excellent overall balance to complement it. This is the most affordable of the Best BMX Bikes For Dirt Jumping
- Rotor: A freestyle rotor has been specifically included to ensure the bike is ideal for your stunt performances
- Pegs: Pegs are an integral part of the bike, but you will need to have a little training to ensure you can used the bike properly.
- Brakes: The braking system is one of my favorite parts and it makes the bike safe for all riders, especially beginners
- Price: This is one of the cheapest bikes we have on the list that offers great value for your money
- Weight: Some riders might believe the bike feels a little heavier than necessary. However, we feel it is the right weight
Editor’s Choice: Mongoose LSX 20″ Boy’s Bicycle
Mongoose always stands tall when we look at the best BMX bikes. The Mongoose LSX 20″ boy’s Bicycle has a huge following and the hi-ten steel frame definitely makes it popular when it comes to the overall durability. Keeping the weight down is essential as we all know. I like having ally as part of the design, but it could be a little more expensive as well.
- Materials: The bike has the perfect combination of durability and also lighter alloy materials for balance
- Reputable brand: Mongoose is one of the most trusted brands and they offer everything you might need for BMXing
- Versatile: Not only can this bike be used for your stun jumps, but it works well for racing as well. However, the best BMX racing bikes are still the best option
- Price: We love the price for this bike. It is really affordable and offers a lot of value with all the features
- Brakes: Unfortunately, the bike only has one rear brake and this might be a little dangerous for some riders
Key Features To Consider When Buying A New BMX Bike For Dirt Jumping
While the bikes are easy for you to find, you might like to see some of the key features. I have used a few of my friends for the features, but many of them also have expert knowledge of the sport. If none of these bikes appeal to your needs, you should consider looking at these features:
Frame and tube
Aluminum might be one of the best materials to choose. However, hi-ten steel is still acceptable if you have a 20-inch toptube. This will make the bike more functional when performing your jumps. The best material is carbon fiber, but feel that it is a little too expensive for the average buyer. Here, you can see, the different bike frames made from steel.
Pegs and wheels
The wheels generally indicate the size of the bike, but when looking to perform stunts, you are probably small in stature. The 20-inch bikes are ideal for beginners to perform their stunts. Having pegs on the side enables you to take these stunts to the next level. I have seen many people perform grinding tricks on the courses whilst jumping.
Lastly, the brakes are really important. Stopping power is an essential part of your bikes quality. However, it is even more important if the bike will be launched sky-high. If your budget is plaguing, you should consider the reliable old V-brakes. However, if you are looking for some of the best bikes, you might want to look at the disc brakes. You can find some of them in our best freestyle BMX bike article.
The Best BMX Bikes For Dirt Jumping
As a result of our research, we can stand by all of these bikes for the value they offer. Yet, we do have one special bike that has stood out. The Powerlite Brawler 20-Inch Freestyle Bicycle is an affordable option with all the freestyle features you will need for the Best BMX Bikes For Dirt Jumping. Now, we would like you to share some of your thoughts on these bikes and let us know which bikes you prefer.