When it comes to the holiday season, we have many expenses that need to be covered. However, bikes are expensive and you might want to look for something cheaper. We have done some searching to find the best BMX bike for the money. These bikes make a massive impact as a gift and offer the best value for your budget to enjoy the holidays.
I have been testing the top BMX bikes for a couple of months. Falling and almost breaking a few bones, but eventually learning all the fundamentals. In this article, we take a look at some of the most affordable bikes I have tested that offer the best value for the money. Continue reading if you want the best BMX bike for the money.
Best BMX Bike For The Money
|X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle||
Stylish design with an attractive graphic for beginners
|Razor 62042 High Roller BMX/Freestyle Bike||
Excellent freestyler features for performing stunts
|Mongoose Title Pro 20” Boy’s BMX Race Bike||
Lightweight frame that should go well for advanced riders
|Mongoose Legion L20 20″ Wheel Freestyle||
One of the most popular bikes on the market today and always improving features
|Framed Attack BMX Bike||
The ultimate bike for those who want to stand out and light enough for racing
|Framed Twenty6er BMX Bike||
The best bike for adults or some of the larger riders
|Proline Pro XL 20 BMX Race Bike||
The high-end bike that everyone dreams of having for an affordable price
- 1 Best Affordable BMX Bike On The Market Today
- 1.1 Top Pick: X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle
- 1.2 Runner-Up: Razor 62042 High Roller BMX/Freestyle Bike
- 1.3 Most Popular BMX Bike: Mongoose Title Pro 20” Boy’s BMX Race Bike
- 1.4 Best-Seller: Mongoose Legion L20 20″ Wheel Freestyle Bike
- 1.5 Best Racing BMX: Framed Attack BMX Bike Mens
- 1.6 Best BMX For Adults: Framed Twenty6er BMX Bike Mens
- 1.7 Best High-End Bike: Proline Pro XL 20 BMX Race Bike
- 2 Key Features To Consider When Choosing The Best BMX Bike For The Money
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Our Final Recommendation
Best Affordable BMX Bike On The Market Today
Quality does not come cheap, but as we all know, many brands might be slightly overpriced. These bikes are actually affordable when looking at the advanced features they offer the user. They work well as gifts and they are ideal for yourself. Here is my selection for the best affordable BMX bikes that offer value for your money:
Top Pick: X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle
One of my favorite bikes is the ultimate freestyle BMX. The X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle is an affordable steel bike with a stylish design. It is durable, with excellent features that will help you have fun with the least amount of money spent. It is also designed for female riders, with different styles for their needs.
- Solid construction: If you are used to falling from falls, this is the ideal bike and chances are, you won’t break it
- Versatile saddle: If you like the freestyle life, this saddle is comfortable and adaptable for every rider
- Adjustable handlebar: The bike will grow with your child to have the best comfort
- Affordable: I believe this is one of the most affordable bikes on the market today, offering excellent value
- Heavy: The bike might be a little heavy for some beginners to do stunts
Runner-Up: Razor 62042 High Roller BMX/Freestyle Bike
Available in multiple different colors, the Razor 62042 High Roller BMX/Freestyle Bike is one of the most versatile options. Once again, durability is the main focal point and the steel frame includes 4 welded bolts for added durability. Front-wheel pegs work well for grinding and performing stunts on the track or park.
- Durable: All of these features are extremely durable and the bike holds up well
- Really affordable: This is a budget bike that works well for beginners
- Adjustable seat post: The seat is great for stunts and fully adjustable for all riders
- Excellent braking: Brakes have been added to the front and the back for all riders
- Weight: Once again, this bike is a little heavier than most
Most Popular BMX Bike: Mongoose Title Pro 20” Boy’s BMX Race Bike
Mongoose is one of the leading brands when it comes to the BMX bike. The Mongoose Title Pro 20” Boy’s BMX Race Bike comes with an aircraft grade aluminum frame. This offers the best combination of durability and weight. While the design is rather basic, it is still extremely classy for older riders that love the sport.
- Lightweight: Since it is really lightweight, it can be used for all stunts
- Alloy V-brakes: These brakes offer some of the best stopping power, even in the worst of weather conditions
- Efficient drivetrain: The drivetrain is smooth, allowing you comfort when it comes to riding
- Race-ready: This bike can even be used by those who love racing and will give great results
- Old model: This bike is a little old when it comes to technology, but the Mongoose M42709M20OS-PC Title Pro XXL 20″ Boy’s Bike is an excellent alternative
Best-Seller: Mongoose Legion L20 20″ Wheel Freestyle Bike
The Mongoose Legion L20 20″ Wheel Freestyle Bike is also an older model, but I’d like to view it as a timeless classic. This one features a steel frame and large 20-inch wheels, making it the ideal bike for teens in the modern era. Once again, Mongoose has included its state of the art drivetrain for all top riders to use.
- Smooth ride: The drivetrain and the massive wheels enable a comfortable riding experience
- U-brakes added: They may be older, but they are extremely reliable
- Stylish: The bike has a classy design and frame that draws many eyes
- Pegs: Front and rear pegs give more functionality to the avid freestyler
- A little dated: Compared to some of the newer models, some of the technology is a little dated
Best Racing BMX: Framed Attack BMX Bike Mens
I really enjoy racing around the track and the Framed Attack BMX Bike is one of the best-designed bikes for doing this. The lightweight Chromoly frame might lack durability but makes it faster. It is available in numerous different colors that should cater to the needs of every rider, including the female riders amongst us.
- Lightweight: The frame is light and perfect for racing competitions
- Knobbed tires: This gives you excellent traction when you have tough terrains
- Sleek design: The design is great for attracting attention
- For men and women: This bike can be used by both male and female riders with the design
- Pricey: Since it is expensive, some might not buy it. However, you should check out the best BMX bikes for racing
Best BMX For Adults: Framed Twenty6er BMX Bike Mens
As an adult, you might think that your days of BMX riding are now done. However, the Framed Twenty6er BMX Bike is made from aluminum with a lightweight construction and decent durability for every rider. The 26-inch wheels make the difference with some stating it is similar to the best mountain bikes for adults.
- Massive wheels: The bike is designed for adults with 26-inch wheels
- Disc brakes: The disc brakes are designed for stopping in virtually any weather conditions
- 2-piece design: This makes the bike great for flexibility
- Reasonable price: I don’t think the price is overly expensive for all these features
- Unsealed bearings: This might not bode well for tough terrains
Best High-End Bike: Proline Pro XL 20 BMX Race Bike
When it comes to the Rolls Royce of BMX bikes, the Proline Pro XL 20 BMX Race Bike is one of the top options for high-end riders. This bike is constructed from top-quality aluminum and since it is really lightweight, you won’t be held back. Race pedals are also included for the avid race lover or even those starting out.
- Lightweight: The bike is really lightweight, with excellent durability
- Race pedals included: This bike has race pedals that mean the bike it will be great for races
- Stylish design: The bike features a modern design that makes it great for top riders
- Quality parts: All the parts on this bike are rated as the best in their class
- Expensive: This is one of the most expensive bikes on the market today, but worth it
Key Features To Consider When Choosing The Best BMX Bike For The Money
All of these bikes are highly rated, but you might wonder how we came to choosing these options. To help you understand our choices a little better, we have decided to share them with you if you are looking for a different option:
When it comes to the frame, you need to look for quality. Yes, the steel frame is durable, but it is not the best in terms of weight. We recommend choosing the aluminum frame if you need a top bike for competitions.
If you have ever been riding a bike in tough conditions, you might understand the importance of brakes. While I personally prefer the disc brakes, you might also be happy to choose the U-brakes. Most importantly, you should check to see if the brakes are good.
The size is important will be determined by your body size and even weight. If the bike is too small, it might not be comfortable, but the 20-inch bikes are ideal for most teens. As we have seen, the 26-inch wheels are mostly recommended for riders that are more advanced and those who are slightly heavier. Overall, your weight and size will determine the bike you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have a couple of questions, we always encourage you to share them in the comment section. Meanwhile, we have selected a couple of questions that you might also need to know. Here are the most common questions:
Can Adults Ride A BMX?
As we have already mentioned, there are BMX bikes designed specifically for adults and these bikes are a little larger. If you are looking for one of them, you should check out our article on the top BMX bikes for adults.
Why Are Pegs Added To The BMX?
The pegs are great for performing stunts when you feel the need to grind. They can also be used for transporting some of your friends. However, we do not recommend this as it might be unsafe and against the law in many places.
Can The BMX Be Used Off-Road?
After riding many BMX bikes, I fell in love with the versatility they offer. Yes, the BMX bike can be used in off-road areas. We would only recommend choosing the right wheels for the job. The Kenda tires generally work well for this.
Our Final Recommendation
Choosing the best bike is not always easy, but when it comes to the best BMX Bike For The Money, we have decided to choose the X-Games FS20 Freestyle Bicycle. It is not only affordable, but some of these features are top of the range. This bike makes an excellent Christmas gift as well. Again, let us know in the comment section if we might have missed any of your favorites.