Road bike shopping has never been better. If you are a newbie to riding, then you probably don’t want to invest a fortune on a road bike. Undoubtedly, the joy of cycling is addictive for some of us, but if you are new to the sport, you might not be sure if it’s a good fit. Rest assured, there is no reason to break the bank when purchasing the best entry level women’s road bike. You can find a nice ride for an affordable price that will give you a feel for the sport so you can decide if it fits your lifestyle.
The Diamondback Bicycles Airen Women’s Road Bike is an affordable entry-level women’s road bike that possesses the quality you would expect with the Diamondback brand. Although this is not the cheapest road bike on the market, it is also not the most expensive. The bike’s affordable price tag and superior build make this road bike my first choice when considering entry-level rides.
- 1 Top Pick: The Diamondback Bicycles Airen Women’s Road Bike
- 2 Runner-Up: Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Road Bike
- 3 A Great Road Bike Choice: Raleigh Bikes Revere 2 Women’s Endurance Road Bike
- 4 Additional Road Bike Choice: GMC Denali Road Bike
- 5 Also for Consideration: Tour de Cure Women’s Road Bike, 700c
- 6 Tips for Buying the Best Entry Level Women’s Road Bike
- 7 Road Bike Consideration
- 8 Wrap Up
Top Pick: The Diamondback Bicycles Airen Women’s Road Bike
The Diamondback Bicycles Airen Women’s Road Bike boasts designs for the female rider. The bike offers a superior ride quality and upscale comfort. The Airen bike was created to meet the needs of all skill levels but definitely will appeal to new riders. This bike is more than capable conquer the road with its Enhanced Performance Geometry.
The aluminum frame of the Diamondback Bicycles Airen Women’s Road Bike strong but lightweight. You can quickly and effortlessly load it onto a bike rack. The 7005 alloy tubes in the bike’s frame have been butted and formed for added strength. The bike boasts size-specific handlebars, cranks, and stem. The saddle offers the utmost comfort for a women’s specific contours to create a comfortable ride. Whether you spend an hour or several hours riding you should appreciate the bike’s feel and handling abilities.
The Diamondback Bicycles Airen Women’s Road Bike has a 2 x 9-speed Shimano drivetrain that lets you effortlessly change gears to navigate the roadways better. The Michelin Dynamic Sport 700x28c tires also help absorb the bumps of the road to create a smooth ride. For added safety, the Tektro Lyra flat-mount mechanical disc brakes with 160mm front and 140mm rear rotors stop effortlessly and enable you to control the bike’s motion better.
Upon its arrival, the Diamondback Bicycle Airen Women’s Road Bike comes 85 percent assembled. If you are new to the world of road bikes, then you might want to take your new ride to a qualified bike shop for complete assembly.
Runner-Up: Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Road Bike
The Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Road Bike is the exact quality that you would expect from the iconic Schwinn bike manufacturer. The bike is manufactured from an aluminum fitness frame and even features a Schwinn sports suspension fork for comfortable riding. The durable high profile double-wall alloy rims are light and reliable so you can sale across the roads surface while maintaining stability and control.
The upscale Shimano 24-speed EZ-Fire trigger shifters with front and rear Shimano derailleurs offer the gear range you need to ride with precision. You only pick the gear you need for the road ahead and switch with the quick trigger shifters without ever missing a beat. Add to these components the Shimano alloy cranks and an 8-speed cassette, and you will be enjoying the superior performance that many similar bikes lack. The Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Road Bike does not disappoint with all of these features.
As with any road bike, safety is always the number one concern during any ride. With the Schwinn Phocus 1500 Flat Bar Road Bike, the mechanical disc brakes with Shimano brake levers supply optimum stopping power. You will be able to ride with the confidence that you need. Rest assured, anything you encounter along the path won’t slow you down.
A Great Road Bike Choice: Raleigh Bikes Revere 2 Women’s Endurance Road Bike
The Raleigh Bikes Revere 2 Women’s Endurance Road Bike is not only comfortable but highly efficient. The bike is highly responsive and also offers excellent stopping power. The entire design of the bike lets you sit more upright in the saddle. The bike puts far less strain on your neck and back. The lightweight and durable 6061 aluminum frame has a custom alloy fork for added maneuverability.
When it comes to safety, the Raleigh Bikes Revere 2 Women’s Endurance Road Bike has you covered with the mechanical disc brakes. The brakes let you stop effortlessly in virtually all weather conditions even if the road surface is wet. The included Clement 700×28c tires provide even more stability for a genuinely outstanding riding experience. Another feature of this bike that makes this ride stand out is the thru-axles that are stiff and responsive. They create a snappy feel when sailing across paved roads.
Raleigh Bikes Revere 2 Women’s Endurance Road Bike’s Shimano Sora groupset holds up great to normal wear with highly reliable components that won’t disappoint. It has a 9-speed cassette that lets you effortlessly choose a gear for whatever roadway you encounter. Undoubtedly, you will have a reliable shifting that makes for an effortless and great riding experience.
Additional Road Bike Choice: GMC Denali Road Bike
The GMC Denali Road Bike offers phenomenal performance for an everyday rider. The bike’s craftsmanship features a lightweight 6061 aluminum frame. The bike weighs only a modest 30 pounds. Carrying it upstairs or loading the bike onto a rack has never been easier.
The 21 speeds with drop-down bars on the GMC Denali Road Bike lets you ride with confidence. The alloy 36 spoke rims, and 28 mm tires grip the road’s surface for a safe, smooth ride. The nylon pedals have steel cages so you won’t have to worry about your feet slipping. With the alloy caliper brakes, your stopping ability is unquestionable so that you can ride with confidence.
The GMC Denali Road Bike comes equipped with a nice Shimano rear derailleur. The Shimano Ribo shifters let you choose your gears without ever having to let go of the handlebars, which not only improves safety but also bolsters a rider’s confidence in their handling ability.
A severe perk of the GMC Denali Road Bike is the Vitesse saddle was fashioned for a woman’s riding comfort. The bike even has a water bottle holder so staying hydrated on a long ride is never a problem.
Also for Consideration: Tour de Cure Women’s Road Bike, 700c
The Tour de Cure Women’s Road Bike, 700c is an affordable option that is downright fun to ride. An added perk about this bike is that the manufacturer provides a $10 donation for every sale to the American Diabetes Association.
The snappy Tour de Cure Women’s Road Bike, 700c comes in in striking white and purple hues that are head-turning. Why not let the world know you stand for a cause every time you ride? The bike’s 700C Vitesse racing tires grip the road’s surface for a smooth ride. You will feel secure no matter what weather conditions you encounter. The bike’s Shimano front and rear derailleur also offer added stability and gear options. If you face a large hill, you can quickly choose between the 21 speeds and use the easy twist Revo Shifters to propel you forward with ease.
Tips for Buying the Best Entry Level Women’s Road Bike
In the last 30 years, bikes have evolved significantly. It has never been easier to choose a ride that meets and exceeds your needs without spending a fortune. However, if you are new to the sport or it has been a long time since your last bike purchase there are several things that you should consider when buying a road bike.
Road Bike Consideration
Here are a few considerations:
- Frame: When shopping for a bike, you’ll encounter four materials: steel, aluminum, titanium, and carbon. Most affordable bikes feature either steel or aluminum, which are durable. For a lightweight frame choice, you might want to choose aluminum which weighs less than steel so carrying the bike up stairs or loading onto a bike rack becomes an easier task. Carbon fiber and titanium bike frames are the creme de la creme of structures. Such bike frames tend to pack a high price tag.
- Components: Usually, the drivetrain components that you choose are all about personal preference. Some people love Shimano, and others prefer another brand. If you find a great deal on a bike that you like, remember that the components can easily be changed out.
- Wheels: Many people promptly change the wheels of an affordable bike out for more upscale choices. With a road bike, the right wheels make the bike faster which appeals to many riders.
- Bike Fit: No two bikes feel the same when you mount and ride them. You should ideally try out a model before you make a purchase. However, when buying online, you might not be able to find a similar local model to ride before making the purchase. If you do buy a bike without trying it out first, remember that the bike shop can fine-tune a lot of features such as crank length, saddle height, stems, and head tube. At a bike shop, you have the opportunity to explore upgrades such as a saddle that conforms to your body, pedals, or even new handlebars. With each tweak, the bike becomes more fine-tuned for your individual riding needs and requirements.
I’m an avid rider of both road and mountain bikes. In my opinion, any of the bikes listed are excellent choices for an affordable ride. When it comes to picking the best entry level women’s road bike, you will want to take into consideration your budget and what features matter the most to you.